1. Implemented 108 Ambulance service all across country
2. Established National Rural Health Mission (NHRM),in 2005
3. Instituted National Siddha college at Chennai
4. Abolished Polio out of Chennai
5. Reduced, Child Mortality, female infanticide, maternal mortality
6. Helped raise standards of Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) at Pondicherry.
7. Reduced Child mortality, Female infanticide, and maternal mortality.
8. Allocated 1000 crores for Tamil Nadu Health Development.
9. Planned to improve Salem and Madurai Medical College equal to AIIMS.
1. Played a phenomenal role in the effecting ‘Samacheer Kalvi’- Equitable Education System in Tamil Nadu.
2. Won reservation for MBC status for 118 backward classes in Tamil Nadu and Other Backward Classes (OBC) in Central Government.